Through the Ag Invest Long-Term interest rate reduction program, the Treasurer’s Office helps farmers invest in major expenses like machinery, building construction and irrigation systems.
Please call our office for more information about the loan possibilities for your farm by emailing Ag Invest at AgInvest@treasurer.state.il.us or calling (217) 557-6436.
Uses of Ag Invest Long-Term loans can include:
- New or used farm equipment
- Purchase of livestock
- Seed, feed, fertilizer, plants, chemicals, cash rent, crop insurance
- Qualified agribusinesses include vineyards, fish farms, and pick your own orchards
Uses of Ag Invest Long-Term loans cannot include:
- Expenses that are part of typical annual operating budget
- Loan fees
- Land acquisition
- Mowing or landscaping equipment
- Two wheel drive or four wheel drive (full ton or lighter) trucks
Amounts and Terms:
- Applicants can receive a maximum deposit value up to $200,000 per calendar year.
- The below-market interest rate is available for two years with the possibility of a three-year extension and additional two years for grape and vineyard production.
- The Treasurer's Office may require a site visit prior to approval.
Interest rates are quoted here updated on the first day of every month, or you may call the Treasurer’s Office at (217) 782-2072. The listed rates are posted to give potential borrowers an indication of current rate figures. The final deposit rate will be confirmed on the business day prior to issuing the loan. Lenders may charge up to 3.5 percentage points over the Treasurer's rate of deposit.
- The applicant must demonstrate that a Ag Invest loan can help him/her enhance farm operations and/or crop production.
- If the loan is intended for vehicles or machinery, the applicant must provide supporting documentation.
- A participating Illinois financial institution must approve each borrower’s application.
- The applicant’s property must be located entirely in Illinois.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email AgInvest@treasurer.state.il.us or call (217) 557-6436.
The treasurer’s Ag Invest loan program is the nation’s most expansive agriculture deposit program. Since 2008, Ag Invest has loaned more than $1 billion in annual and long-term loans. Up to 400 financial institutions are eligible to participate with the Ag Invest program.
The Illinois State Treasurer’s Office began the Ag Invest: Long-Term Loan Program in 2000. Agricultural professionals across the state have taken advantage of our below-market rates to help enhance their farm operation or alternative farming activities. Since the program’s inception, we have loaned more the $55 million in low-interest loans for the Ag Invest: Long-Term Loan Program.