Through the Ag Invest Annual interest rate reduction program, the Treasurer’s Office helps farmers pay the annual start-up costs associated with seed, fertilizer, plants, crop insurance and other expenses.
Please contact our office for more information about the loan possibilities for your farm by emailing Ag Invest at AgInvest@illinoistreasurer.gov or calling (217) 557-6436.
Uses of Ag Invest Annual loans can include:
- Seed, feed, fertilizer
- Cash Rent
- Crop Insurance
- Purchase of livestock/breeding stock
- Production-related energy and labor expenses
- Veterinarian costs
- New or used farm equipment
- Irrigation and soil and water conservation
Uses of Ag Invest Annual loans cannot include:
- Land acquisition
- Research or feasibility studies
- Mowing or landscaping equipment
- Two wheel drive or four wheel drive (full ton or lighter) trucks
- Loan application fees
- Other expenses not deemed part of a typical annual operating budget
Amounts and Terms:
- Applicants can apply as a single borrower or as a farm entity that consists of the group of borrowers who run your operation. The maximum deposit value for annual operating expenses in amounts up to $400,000 for a single borrower or $800,000 for a farm operation.
- The below-market rate interest rate is available for one year.
Interest rates are quoted here updated on the first day of every month, or you may call the Treasurer’s Office at (217) 782-2072. The listed rates are posted to give potential borrowers an indication of current rate figures. The final deposit rate will be confirmed on the business day prior to issuing the loan. Lenders may charge up to 3.75 percentage points over the Treasurer's rate of deposit.
- The applicant must demonstrate that a Ag Invest loan assists in typical farming operations.
- A participating Illinois financial institution must approve each borrower’s application.
- The borrower’s property must be located entirely in Illinois.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email AgInvest@illinoistreasurer.gov or call (217) 557-6436.
The Treasurer’s Ag Invest loan program is the nation’s most expansive agriculture deposit program. More than 1,000 financial institutions throughout the state have loaned more than $1 billion in annual and long-term loans since 1983.